It’s a new year! That means a fresh start for many people. A chance to start a new adventure. A chance for a change. A chance at something new.
That’s exactly what it means at BeaLu Books. This is a dream becoming a reality and we are so happy you want to be a part of our journey. We have made great strides from our ideas and vision on paper. Everything is a process. We understand that success not only comes from hard work but also focus, goals, sacrifice, risk, and even failure. At BeauLu Books we have experienced many of these and are still focused on our goal even with our hiccups. There are many elements to being successful.
New York Times bestselling author, Michael Hyatt, shares his five principles to goal setting.
- First you need to only have a few goals to focus on. Less is more in this case.
- Second, you need to make your goals S.M.A.R.T.: specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, and time-bound. This will keep you focused and give you a sense of accomplishment when you reach milestones.
- Third, write them down. This is so simple yet very important. There is research to back up this theory.
- Fourth, review your goals often. Keep them fresh in your mind.
- Lastly, be selective in who you share them with. Often times, sharing your goal makes you less compelled to complete them.
You can read more about Michael’s goal setting approach on his website.
So we ask you: What goals do you have for the New Year? How do you plan to keep that goal your focus? What obstacles do you foresee?